*Sleepless Theme #19 by destroyer.tumblr.com for sleeplessthemes.tumblr.com. Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! */>
Although I’m taking more APs than last year, my schedule is surprisingly less stressful. This leaves me more time to explore my hobbies and, in a way, to make up for all the fun times I missed from freshman year to junior year.
That’s kind of a silly way to put it but it’s the most straight forward. which might have been a bad idea. Despite having a small readership on Moda Daily and Dangerously High, I liked to think my blogs are inspiring someone at this moment. When I’m not blogging, I’m on Twitter, Facebook, and Skype. They are terribly addictive but since my grades aren’t falling, I see no point in withdrawing any time soon.
2. Online forums - I’ve been frequenting the Fashion Spot, specifically the Supporting Case board, and College Confidential a lot. The former has familiarized me with the majority of fashion models in the industry. I’m proud to say that I can now name as many models as fashion designers, which is a personal achievement for me. The latter has obviously hooked me up with insider tips on college admission process. There are times when the sea of stats on College Confidential has given me sleepless nights and a low-self esteem. However, I feel better knowing that there’s a whole forum of people panicking with me.
3. YouTube - I was never interested in viral videos and YouTube celebrities until this year. Now, I go to CTFxC, Michael Buckley, Philip de Franco, Natalie Tran, iJustine, Nerimon, and Charlieissocoolike for my tech updates and daily humor. Moreover, I’m also following makeup gurus like Michelle Phan, Juicystar07, Allthatglitter21, EnKore, and Kandee Johnson. Because of them, I’ve started painting my nails, buying Coastal Scents, and stocking up on Loew Cornell brushes. I guess the makeup hobby, more than anything, is what I’m making up most for the time I’ve lost.
4. TV shows - No, the Internet does not kill television. If anything, Internet makes television more convenient to watch. I could barely talk about TV the last few years because I rarely watched any besides the news. All that has changed and I’m currently watching Leverage, White Collar, Skins, Criminal Minds, Ugly Betty, Mad Men, House, True Blood, SDoaCG, and Weeds. I also want to get around to watching the entire series of the Sopranos and Big Love some time.
5. Traveling - For the first half of this year, I’ll be going to Boston, Portland, China, and Japan. I just got back from New York City last weekend and I plan to return this summer as well. I love to travel and I’m glad I’m finally going places.
6. Roleplay - Roleplay is like acting. Since I use method acting, it’s hard to quit my favorite character, Narcissa Malfoy. I’ve been on and off with roleplay for six years. This is the first year that I’m roleplaying throughout the school year. When life gets hard, this is a great creative outlet.